(Medium for Observing Diatonic Voice Leading Operations)
by Robert T. Kelley
for Java 1.2
Current version: MODVLO7 v1.0
Download from Sourceforge.net
MODVLO7 provides an environment for exploring harmonic prolongations in any piece of tonal music. (For more information, see Prolongation and the Diatonic Lattice)
If you are interested in MODVLO7, or have any comments, please feel free to .
- Imports Scala sequence files, or make your own file with a text editor (an easy-to-use template is provided with the software).
- Saves .seq files for future changes or study, and for rendering MIDI files in just intonation using Scala.
- Creates and maintains multiple hierarchical levels of analysis through chord concatentation.
- Returns a list of PFPs between all chords present in any level.
- Graphically displays all passing and neighboring lines among the pitch classes between any two chords. If these lines can be heard as underlying the musical surface, they may be used to hear the selected PFPs as prolongations.
- Outputs a text file containing the the text version of lattice and all of its concatenations.
Please also see my music theory and analysis applets, including the Set Analyzer, the Matrix Generator, the Contour Analyzer, and the applet predecessor of MODVLO7: the PFP Finder.
Return to Java
Return to Math Links
Return to Robert Kelley's Music Website
© 2001-2004 Robert Kelley. All rights reserved. MODVLO7 is "open source" software and is distributed under the GNU General Public License.